The NHCASA program conducts new volunteer training biannually. Most of the training occurs in the evenings, twice a week, for three hours. Upon completion of the training, volunteers are sworn in by a local judge.
- Be 21 years old
- Be willing to complete necessary background checks, provide references and participate in an interview
- Complete a minimum of 30 hours of pre-service training
- Be available for court appearances, with advance notice
- Be willing to commit to the CASA program until your first case is closed
Fostering Futures Training
After completing CASA volunteer training, volunteers have the opportunity to further their mentorship skills. View upcoming training information on our calendar.
Annual In-Service Credits ~ Continuing Education
National CASA requires that CASA Volunteers need 12 hours of annual in-service hours. Credits can be earned by attending CASA sponsored trainings, or by attending other community provided (pre-approved) trainings.
Volunteers can qualify for up to six hours of their training via community training opportunities or individual resources like reading books or watching movies.
- 4 ½ hours of in-service credit for each approved book read.
- 1 ½ hours of in-service credit for each approved video watched.
NHCASA has books and videos available for check-out.